The water that flows through your home or business is designed to flow in one direction. The term backflow is used in the plumbing industry to describe water that flows in the wrong direction. Contaminated water can flow the wrong direction and the result naturally can be unsightly to homeowners and business owners and property managers. For further information on our backflow preventer services, please call 850-769-2743 today.
The majority of backflow preventers are uniquely designed devices that will be installed by our team within your existing home or building plumbing according to device specifications. Backflow preventers contain a one-way valve that stays open as long as the municipal water coming into your home or building flows in the same direction. If that flow reverses, the backflow preventer device valve will close to prevent water from traveling backwards.
Backflow Preventer Services
We offer comprehensive backflow preventer services for both residential, commercial and industrial customers. Backflow preventer services will include:
- Backflow Preventer Repairs
- Backflow Preventer Installations
- Backflow Preventer testing
- Backflow Preventer Certification
- Backflow Preventer Insulation (Our Backflow Preventer Insulation is a UV Rated heavy duty cold snap bag. It is easy to remove for testing and protection from the cold weather)
The Causes Of Backflow
The results of backflow are unsightly not to mention the inconvenience and discomfort backflow creates in a home or business. Generally, there are two reasons for backflow.
- Back pressure is where the water is forced to flow in a direction it is not intended to flow in. It is due to the pressure in your system increases to become stronger than that of your water supply.
- Back siphonage will occur when the pressure within your water supply is lower than the pressure within your home or building system itself.